Water Pump Parts coupling Factory Manufacturer China Standard Taper Bore Cast Iron HRC Flexible Water Pump Shaft Coupling for Electric Motor
Double cardanic type DKM Coupling
C45 steel, Alloy steel, Aluminum etc. material
Standard and non-standard coupling available
With high quality and competitive price
Packing as per customer’s demand.
We are the leading top Chinese coupling manufacturer, and are specializing in various high quality Double cardanic type DKM
1. For high shaft displacements
2. 3-part double-cardanic
3. Reduced vibration and noise
4. The restoring forces resulting from displacements are very low
5. Increase of the total lifetime of all adjacent components (bearings,seals etc.)
6. Approved according to EC Standard 94/9/EC(Explosion Certificate ATEX 95)
7. Double-cardanic design without the need for bearing support or external guarding
8. Finish bore according to ISO fit H7, feather keyway according to DIN 6885 (JS9)
9. Size: 19, 24, 28, 38, 42, 48, 55, 65, 75, 90 mm
HRC Couplings Double cardanic type DKM Coupling are offered in the industry’s largest variety of stock bore/keyway combinations.
These couplings require no lubrication and provide highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy duty electrical motor and
internal combustion power transmission applications. Applications include power transmission to industrial equipment such as
pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: Our group consists in 3 factories and 2 abroad sales corporations.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q:How long is your delivery time ? What is your terms of payment ?
A: Generally it is 40-45 days. The time may vary depending on the product and the level of customization. For standard products, the payment is: 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
Q:What is the exact MOQ or price for your product ?
A: As an OEM company, we can provide and adapt our products to a wide range of needs.Thus, MOQ and price may greatly vary with size, material and further specifications; For instance, costly products or standard products will usually have a lower MOQ. Please contact us with all relevant details to get the most accurate quotation.
If you have another question, please feel free to contact us.
What are the temperature and environmental limitations of flexible couplings?
Flexible couplings are designed to operate within certain temperature and environmental limitations to ensure optimal performance and longevity. The specific limitations may vary depending on the type and material of the coupling. Here are the general considerations:
- Temperature Range: The temperature range in which a flexible coupling can operate is crucial. High temperatures can affect the material properties, leading to reduced flexibility and potential failure. Low temperatures can cause the material to become brittle and lose its ability to accommodate misalignment. It’s essential to choose a coupling suitable for the intended temperature range of the application.
- Corrosive Environments: In environments with corrosive substances, such as acids, chemicals, or saltwater, it is essential to select a flexible coupling made of materials that are resistant to corrosion. Stainless steel and certain polymers are commonly used in such environments to prevent degradation and maintain the coupling’s integrity.
- Hygienic Environments: For applications in food processing, pharmaceuticals, or cleanrooms, hygienic design is critical. Flexible couplings used in these environments should be easy to clean, made of materials that are non-toxic and resistant to contamination, and free from crevices or pockets where debris can accumulate.
- Explosive or Hazardous Atmospheres: In environments where explosive or hazardous gases, vapors, or dust are present, flexible couplings with anti-static properties or explosion-proof certifications may be necessary to prevent the risk of ignition and ensure safety.
- Outdoor Applications: For outdoor installations, flexible couplings should be able to withstand exposure to weather conditions, UV radiation, and temperature fluctuations. Couplings with weather-resistant properties are suitable for such applications.
- High-Speed Applications: In high-speed applications, the centrifugal forces on the flexible coupling increase with rotational speed. Couplings designed for high-speed applications should be balanced to minimize vibrations and ensure smooth operation.
- Shock and Impact Loads: Flexible couplings used in applications with significant shock or impact loads should have the ability to dampen and absorb these forces to protect connected equipment from damage.
- Continuous vs. Intermittent Duty: Some flexible couplings are designed for continuous-duty applications, while others are suitable for intermittent duty or start-stop operations. The coupling’s design and material should match the specific duty cycle requirements.
It is essential to consult with the coupling manufacturer or supplier to understand the temperature and environmental limitations of a specific coupling model. Proper selection and application of flexible couplings within their defined limitations contribute to reliable and efficient performance in various industrial and mechanical systems.
What are the factors influencing the thermal performance of a flexible coupling?
The thermal performance of a flexible coupling can be influenced by several factors, including:
- Material Composition: The material used in the construction of the flexible coupling can impact its thermal performance. Different materials have varying thermal conductivity and heat resistance properties, which can affect how well the coupling dissipates heat generated during operation.
- Operating Speed: The rotational speed of the flexible coupling can influence its thermal behavior. Higher speeds can result in increased friction, leading to more heat generation. Couplings designed for high-speed applications often incorporate features to manage and dissipate heat effectively.
- Power Transmission: The amount of power transmitted through the flexible coupling plays a role in its thermal performance. Higher power levels can lead to increased heat generation, and the coupling must be designed to handle and dissipate this heat without compromising its integrity.
- Environmental Conditions: The ambient temperature and surrounding environment can impact the thermal performance of the flexible coupling. In high-temperature environments, the coupling may need to dissipate heat more efficiently to avoid overheating.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for managing friction and heat generation within the coupling. Insufficient or inappropriate lubrication can lead to increased wear and heat buildup.
- Design and Geometry: The design and geometry of the flexible coupling can influence its thermal performance. Some coupling designs incorporate features such as cooling fins, ventilation, or heat sinks to enhance heat dissipation.
- Load Distribution: The distribution of loads across the flexible coupling can affect how heat is generated and dissipated. Proper load distribution helps prevent localized heating and reduces the risk of thermal issues.
Manufacturers consider these factors during the design and selection of flexible couplings to ensure they can handle the thermal demands of specific applications. Proper application and maintenance of the flexible coupling are also essential for optimizing its thermal performance and overall efficiency.
Can flexible couplings handle misalignment between shafts?
Yes, flexible couplings are specifically designed to handle misalignment between shafts in rotating machinery and mechanical systems. Misalignment can occur due to various factors, including installation errors, thermal expansion, manufacturing tolerances, or shaft deflection during operation.
Flexible couplings offer the ability to compensate for different types of misalignment, including:
- Angular Misalignment: When the shafts are not collinear and have an angular offset, flexible couplings can accommodate this misalignment by flexing or twisting, allowing the two shafts to remain connected while transmitting torque smoothly.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment occurs when the two shafts are not perfectly aligned along their axes. Flexible couplings can adjust to this misalignment, ensuring that the shafts remain connected and capable of transmitting power efficiently.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment, also known as end float or axial displacement, refers to the relative axial movement of the two shafts. Some flexible coupling designs can accommodate axial misalignment, allowing for slight axial movements without disengaging the coupling.
The ability of flexible couplings to handle misalignment is essential in preventing premature wear and failure of the connected equipment. By compensating for misalignment, flexible couplings reduce the stress on the shafts, bearings, and seals, extending the service life of these components and improving overall system reliability.
It is crucial to select the appropriate type of flexible coupling based on the specific misalignment requirements of the application. Different coupling designs offer varying degrees of misalignment compensation, and the choice depends on factors such as the magnitude and type of misalignment, the torque requirements, and the operating environment.
In summary, flexible couplings play a vital role in handling misalignment between shafts, ensuring efficient power transmission and protecting mechanical systems from the adverse effects of misalignment. Their ability to accommodate misalignment makes them indispensable components in various industrial, automotive, aerospace, and marine applications.
editor by CX 2023-11-07