GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS PRODUCTS SERISE
STAINLESS STEEL GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS SPECIFICATION
Housing : Stainless steel 304(CF8) or 316L(CF3M)
Rubber Gasket : Standard gasket is EPDM(Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer), the range of working temperature is -50ºC-150ºC,using for cold water,hot water and rare alkaline chemical products.
Bolt&Nuts : Stainless steel bolts&nuts according to international standard models of carriage bolts and flange nuts.Nut is SS304 material.
According to ASTM A743 standard for housing material
–Type 304 to ASTM A743 CF8(304)
–Type 316L to ASTM A743 CF3M(316L)
Size range : 1″to 8″(DN25 to DN200),cutting groove only.
Rated working pressure
–Low pressure flexible coupling 300psi;
–Medium pressure flexible coupling 600psi;
–High pressure flexible coupling 1000/1200psi;
–Super High pressure flexible coupling 1500psi.
LOW PRESSURE STAINLESS STEEL FLEXIBLE GROOVED COUPLING(300psi)
Stainless steel is used as raw material with good corrosion resistance. And there is the natures which is high strength, good toughness and good mechanical properties. According to the precision casting process, the precision of the clamping size is guaranteed.The material has tensile strength which is not less than 600 MPA and the extension is not less than 15%. withstands high pressure and high impact of pipeline by several disadvantage factors.
The gasket seal with special C-shaped design, that is perfect matching with pipeline dimension in order to achieve working pressure.The gasket is tightener while further pressed in order to achieve sealing efficiency.when the Meanwhile, the imported raw material will also be guaranteed the mechanical properties.
Scope of application
ZheJiang Morui Environment&Technology Co., Ltd. (refer to ZheJiang MR), is professional company which is committed to become processing manufacturer of pipeline system solutions. Located in the ZheJiang High-tech Zone as headquarter. There are several branches in ZheJiang , ZheJiang and ZheJiang provinces.
We are not only processing manufacturer, but also it has the own sales and service network. We are able to grasp accurately the clients’ “pain points” that the clients faced. And provide the proper solutions immediately. Because we have the excellent team who are focusing on follow-up service.
The ZheJiang MR company’s products have been widely used in the field of MF, UF and RO system, sewage water system, water supply and drainage, high-pressure desalination system, such as garbage infiltration liquid, electronic, chemical industry, air-conditioning and so on. Our products are compliance with international first-class standard(GB, ASTM, DIN and JIS). Meanwhile providing the professional before-sale and after-sale service to our clients.
What role does a flexible coupling play in minimizing wear and tear on connected components?
A flexible coupling plays a vital role in minimizing wear and tear on connected components by absorbing and mitigating various mechanical stresses that occur during operation. Here’s how a flexible coupling achieves this:
- Misalignment Compensation: One of the primary causes of wear and tear on rotating machinery is misalignment between connected shafts. Misalignment can occur due to factors such as thermal expansion, foundation settling, or assembly errors. A flexible coupling can accommodate both angular and parallel misalignments, reducing the stress on the shafts and connected components. By allowing for misalignment, the coupling prevents excessive forces from being transmitted to the connected components, minimizing wear.
- Vibration Damping: During operation, rotating machinery can generate vibrations that lead to accelerated wear on components like bearings, gears, and couplings. A flexible coupling acts as a vibration damper, absorbing and dispersing vibrations, reducing their impact on connected components. This damping effect helps prevent fatigue and extends the life of the components.
- Shock Absorption: Machinery may experience sudden shocks or impact loads during start-ups, shutdowns, or due to external factors. A flexible coupling is designed to absorb and cushion these shocks, preventing them from propagating through the system and causing damage to sensitive components.
- Smooth Torque Transmission: In rigid couplings, torque transmission between shafts can be abrupt and cause torque spikes. These spikes put stress on the connected components, leading to wear and fatigue. Flexible couplings transmit torque smoothly, without sudden spikes, ensuring even distribution of forces and reducing the wear on components.
- Controlling Torsional Vibrations: Torsional vibrations, a type of vibration that affects rotating shafts, can be damaging to connected components. Some flexible couplings are designed to address torsional vibration issues, providing additional protection against wear and tear.
- Compensating for Thermal Expansion: Temperature fluctuations can lead to thermal expansion or contraction of machinery components. A flexible coupling can accommodate these changes, preventing undue stress on the connected components that may arise from differential expansion rates.
By performing these functions, a flexible coupling acts as a protective barrier for connected components, minimizing wear and tear, and contributing to their longevity. The reduced wear and stress on the components also result in lower maintenance costs and improved overall reliability of the mechanical system.
Can flexible couplings be used in pumps, compressors, and fans?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in pumps, compressors, and fans, and they are commonly employed in these types of rotating machinery. Flexible couplings offer several advantages that make them suitable for such applications:
- Misalignment Compensation: Pumps, compressors, and fans often experience misalignments due to various factors, such as thermal expansion, foundation settling, or component wear. Flexible couplings can accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignments, helping to maintain proper alignment between the driving and driven components.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings help dampen vibrations in rotating machinery, which is essential for smooth operation and reduced wear on components. In pumps, compressors, and fans, vibration control is crucial to prevent premature failure and maintain reliable performance.
- Shock Load Absorption: These rotating machines may encounter shock loads during startup or shutdown, especially in reciprocating equipment like reciprocating pumps or compressors. Flexible couplings can absorb and mitigate the impact of such loads, protecting the connected equipment from damage.
- Reduced Maintenance: Flexible couplings with elastomeric elements or other self-lubricating features require minimal maintenance, leading to cost savings and reduced downtime in pumps, compressors, and fans.
- Energy Efficiency: Certain flexible coupling designs, such as beam couplings or certain elastomeric couplings, have low mass and inertia. This characteristic helps improve the energy efficiency of rotating machinery, which is particularly beneficial in large-scale pumps, compressors, and fans used in industrial applications.
- Adaptability: Pumps, compressors, and fans often have varying operating conditions and load profiles. Flexible couplings are adaptable to different operating environments, making them suitable for diverse applications.
In summary, flexible couplings offer several performance-enhancing features that make them well-suited for use in pumps, compressors, and fans. Their ability to accommodate misalignment, dampen vibrations, absorb shocks, and reduce maintenance requirements contributes to improved reliability, efficiency, and longevity of the connected rotating machinery.
What is a flexible coupling and how does it work?
A flexible coupling is a mechanical device used to connect two shafts while allowing for relative movement between them. It is designed to transmit torque from one shaft to another while compensating for misalignment, vibration, and shock. Flexible couplings are essential components in various rotating machinery and systems, as they help protect the connected equipment and enhance overall performance.
Types of Flexible Couplings:
There are several types of flexible couplings, each with its unique design and characteristics. Some common types include:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings feature elastomer spiders that fit between two hubs. They can accommodate angular and parallel misalignment while dampening vibrations.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs to connect the shafts. They are highly flexible and provide excellent misalignment compensation.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings use gear teeth to transmit torque. They offer high torque capacity and can handle moderate misalignment.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, such as a metal beam, to transmit torque while compensating for misalignment.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings use a bellows-like structure to allow for axial, angular, and parallel misalignment compensation.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot to allow for misalignment compensation.
How a Flexible Coupling Works:
The operation of a flexible coupling depends on its specific design, but the general principles are similar. Let’s take the example of a jaw coupling to explain how a flexible coupling works:
- Two shafts are connected to the coupling hubs on either side, with an elastomer spider placed between them.
- When torque is applied to one shaft, it causes the spider to compress and deform slightly, transmitting the torque to the other shaft.
- In case of misalignment between the shafts, the elastomer spider flexes and compensates for the misalignment, ensuring smooth torque transmission without imposing excessive loads on the shafts or connected equipment.
- The elastomer spider also acts as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and shocks during operation, which reduces wear on the equipment and enhances system stability.
Overall, the flexibility and ability to compensate for misalignment are the key features that allow a flexible coupling to function effectively. The choice of a specific flexible coupling type depends on the application’s requirements, such as torque capacity, misalignment compensation, and environmental conditions.
editor by CX 2023-10-07