|Star Elastic with Enlarged Shaft Hole Flexible Coupling for Machine tools
|stainless steel , iron , aluminum ,bronze ,carbon steel ,brass etc .
|ISO standard ,customer requirements
|Finished bore, Pilot Bore, Special request
|Carburizing and Quenching,Tempering ,Tooth suface high quenching Hardening,Tempering
|Molding, Shaving, Hobbing, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Manual Chamfering, Grinding etc
|Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding……
|Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or made-to-order
|Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching, Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping
|Toy, Automotive, instrument, electrical equipment, household appliances, furniture, mechanical equipment,daily living equipment, electronic sports equipment, , sanitation machinery, market/ hotel equipment supplies, etc.
|Rockwell hardness tester 500RA, Double mesh instrument HD-200B & 3102,Gear measurement center instrument CNC3906T and other High precision detection equipments
workshop & equipment
1 . Prioritized Quality
2 .Integrity-based Management
3 .Service Orientation
4 .150+ advanced equipment
5 .10000+ square meter factory area
6 .200+ outstanding employees
7 .90% employees have more than 10 year- working experience in our factory
8 .36 technical staff
9 .certificate ISO 9001 , SGS
10 . Customization support
11 .Excellent after-sales service
sample orders delivery time:
10-15 working days as usual
15-20 working days in busy season
large order leading time :
20-30 working days as usual
30-40 working days in busy season
1. why should you buy products from us not from other suppliers?
We are a 32 year-experience manufacturer on making the gear, specializing in manufacturing varieties of gears, such as helical gear ,bevel gear ,spur gear and grinding gear, gear shaft, timing pulley, rack, , timing pulley and other transmission parts . There are 150+ advanced equipment ,200+ excellent employees ,and 36 technical staff . what’s more ,we have got ISO9001 and SGS certificate .
2 .Do you accept small order?
If your order bearings are our standard size, we accept even 1pcs.
3 .How long is the delivery?
A: Small orders usually takes 10-15 working days,big order usually 20-35 days, depending on orders quantity and whether are standard size.
How does a flexible coupling handle electrical insulation between shafts?
Flexible couplings are typically not designed to provide electrical insulation between shafts. In most cases, flexible couplings are used solely for the purpose of transmitting mechanical power from one shaft to another while accommodating misalignment and absorbing shocks and vibrations. They do not offer any electrical isolation or insulation properties.
When electrical insulation is required between two rotating shafts in a system, additional components or specialized couplings are used. For applications where electrical isolation is necessary, insulated couplings or special insulation components can be employed. These types of couplings feature insulating materials, coatings, or designs that prevent electrical current from flowing between the connected shafts.
Insulated couplings can be beneficial in certain applications, such as electric motor drives or systems involving sensitive electronics. They help prevent stray currents, ground loops, and electrical interference that could potentially damage equipment or affect the accuracy of electronic signals. However, it is important to note that not all flexible couplings provide this electrical insulation capability, and users should carefully select couplings that meet the specific electrical isolation requirements of their application.
Summary: Flexible couplings, as standard mechanical components, do not inherently provide electrical insulation between shafts. They are primarily used for mechanical power transmission and misalignment compensation. If electrical insulation is needed between rotating shafts, insulated couplings or specialized components with insulating properties should be chosen to meet the specific requirements of the application.
Can flexible couplings be used in the aerospace industry for critical applications?
Flexible couplings can be used in the aerospace industry for certain critical applications, but their usage is limited and carefully considered due to the stringent requirements and safety standards in the aerospace field. Here are some key points to consider:
- Specific Applications: In the aerospace industry, flexible couplings are primarily used in non-flight-critical systems or non-safety-critical applications. They are commonly found in auxiliary equipment, ground support systems, and non-flight propulsion systems.
- Weight and Space Constraints: Weight and space are crucial factors in aerospace applications. Flexible couplings must be lightweight and compact to minimize the impact on the overall weight and size of the aircraft or spacecraft.
- High Reliability Requirements: Aerospace systems demand high reliability and fault tolerance. Flexible couplings used in critical applications must meet stringent reliability standards and undergo rigorous testing and certification to ensure their performance under extreme conditions.
- Material Selection: Aerospace-grade materials are necessary to withstand the demanding environment of aerospace applications. These materials should have high strength-to-weight ratios, corrosion resistance, and excellent mechanical properties to handle the stresses and forces experienced during operation.
- Certifications: Flexible couplings used in the aerospace industry must adhere to specific certifications and standards, such as those set by organizations like the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States or the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in Europe.
- Redundancy and Safety Measures: In critical systems, redundancy and safety measures are paramount. Flexible couplings used in aerospace applications must be designed with redundancy features to ensure the system’s continued functionality in the event of a failure.
- Temperature and Environmental Considerations: Aerospace systems experience a wide range of temperatures and environmental conditions. Flexible couplings must be able to operate reliably in extreme temperatures, high altitudes, and other challenging environments encountered during flight or space missions.
While flexible couplings have their place in certain aerospace applications, flight-critical and safety-critical systems typically rely on rigid, precision-engineered couplings. These rigid couplings offer higher levels of torque transmission and precision but require careful alignment and installation.
Ultimately, the selection of flexible couplings for aerospace applications must undergo a thorough engineering evaluation and be approved by the relevant regulatory authorities to ensure the highest level of safety and performance in critical aerospace systems.
Can you explain the different types of flexible coupling designs available?
There are several types of flexible coupling designs available, each with its unique construction and characteristics. These designs are tailored to meet specific application requirements and address different types of misalignment and torque transmission needs. Here are some of the most common types of flexible couplings:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings consist of two hubs with curved jaws and an elastomer spider placed between them. The spider acts as a flexible element and can compensate for angular and parallel misalignment. Jaw couplings are widely used in various industrial applications due to their simple design and effectiveness in handling misalignment and vibration damping.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs with a series of alternating slits and flanges to connect the shafts. The disc coupling design allows for excellent misalignment compensation, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. Disc couplings are known for their high torsional stiffness and precise torque transmission capabilities.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings consist of toothed hubs connected by an external sleeve with gear teeth. They are well-suited for applications with high torque and moderate misalignment. Gear couplings offer good misalignment compensation and high torque capacity, making them popular in heavy-duty industrial applications.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, often a metal beam, to connect the shafts. The material’s flexibility allows for angular and axial misalignment compensation. Beam couplings are compact, lightweight, and provide low inertia, making them suitable for applications with high-speed requirements.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings consist of a bellows-like flexible structure that connects the two hubs. They can compensate for angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. Bellows couplings are known for their high torsional stiffness and ability to maintain constant velocity transmission.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot. This design allows for angular misalignment compensation while transmitting torque between the hubs. Oldham couplings are often used when electrical isolation between shafts is required.
Each flexible coupling design has its strengths and limitations, and the choice depends on factors such as the application’s torque requirements, misalignment conditions, operating environment, and speed. Proper selection of the coupling type ensures optimal performance, efficiency, and reliability in various mechanical systems and rotating machinery.
editor by CX 2023-08-21